COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit our website. Cookies do lots of different jobs, like letting you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, and generally improve the user experience.
We use different types of cookies for different things, such as analysing how you use our site.
The types of cookies on our website include (Performance Cookies), these cookies collect information about how our visitors use our website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how our website works.
We also use (Functionality/Session Cookies) and by using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device. These cookies allow our website to link the actions of a user during a browser session.
BENEDIKO AND OUR DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
We are Benediko Design GmbH, Eichhalde 42, 79104 Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany. We are a data controller of your personal data.
WHAT KINDS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE PROCESS?
Personal information that we’ll process in connection with all of our products and services, if relevant, includes:
– PERSONAL AND CONTACT DETAILS, such as title, full name, contact details, and contact details history
– RECORDS OF YOUR CONTACT WITH US such as if you get in touch with us by phone or online
– PRODUCTS you may have bought from us
– THE USAGE OF OUR SERVICES, for any return or warranty claims
– MARKETING TO YOU AND ANALYSING DATA, including the history of those communications, whether you open them or click on links, and information about products or events we think you may be interested in, and analyzing data to help target offers or events to you that we think are of interest or relevance to you. Offers may include any of our products and events, such as invites to our SALE or other trade events
– INFORMATION ABOUT YOUR USE OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES HELD WITH OUR BUSINESS PARTNERS, such as product loans, product returns, products on display, trade exhibition events
WHAT IS THE SOURCE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We’ll collect personal information from the following general sources:
– From you directly
– Information generated about you when you use our products and services
– From our third party Agents or Distributors (who we work with to provide products or services or quote to you)
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We use your personal data, including any of the personal data listed in section 2 above, for the following purposes:
– Assessing an application for account credit terms, including payment method and the payment terms
– Managing products and services relating to that the product or service
– Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts and recovering debt
– Managing any aspect of the product or service
– To improve the operation of our business and that of our business partners
– For management and auditing of our business operations including accounting
– To monitor and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
– For market research and analysis and developing statistics
– For direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products. We’ll send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post, social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook and Instagram)
– To provide personalised content to you, such as tailoring our products and our digital customer experience and offerings, and deciding which offers or promotions to show you on our digital channels
– To design new products and to review and improve current products
– To comply with legal and regulatory obligations, requirements and guidance
– To provide insight and analysis of our customers both for ourselves and for the benefit of business partners as part of providing products, helping us design our products, or to assess or improve the operating of our businesses
– To share information, as needed, with business partners (for example, Agents and Distributors)
WHAT ARE THE LEGAL GROUNDS FOR OUR PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING WHEN WE SHARE IT WITH OTHERS)?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
WHERE IT IS NEEDED TO PROVIDE YOU WITH OUR PRODUCTS, such as:
a) Assessing an application for account credit and payment terms with us
b) Managing products and services you are involved in with us
c) Updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate)
d) Sharing your personal information with business partners and agents when you apply for a trade account
e) All stages and activities relevant to managing your account including enquiry, application, administration and management of accounts
Where IT IS IN OUR LEGITIMATE INTERESTS TO DO SO, such as:
a) Managing your account, updating your records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and doing this for recovering debt (where appropriate)
b) To perform and/or test the performance of, our internal processes
c) To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
d) For management and audit of our business operations including accounting
f) To carry out monitoring and to keep records of our communications with you and our staff (see below)
h) For market research and analysis and developing statistics
i) For direct marketing communications to help us to offer you relevant products. We will send marketing to you by SMS, email, phone, post and social media and digital channels (for example, using Facebook and Instagram)
j) Subject to the appropriate controls, to provide insight and analysis of our customers to business partners and agents
l) Where we need to share your personal information with people or organisations in order to run our business or comply with any legal and/or regulatory obligations
To comply with our LEGAL OBLIGATIONS
With your CONSENT OR EXPLICIT CONSENT for some direct marketing communications
WHEN DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHER ORGANISATIONS?
We may share information with the following third parties for the purposes listed above.
HOW AND WHEN CAN YOU WITHDRAW YOUR CONSENT?
Where we’re relying upon your consent to process personal data, you can withdraw this at any time by contacting us using the details below.
IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TRANSFERRED OUTSIDE EUROPE
We’re based in Germany but sometimes your personal information may be transferred outside the European Economic Area. If we do so we’ll make sure that suitable safeguards are in place, for example by using approved contractual agreements, unless certain exceptions apply.
WHAT SHOULD YOU DO IF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION CHANGES?
You should tell us so that we can update our records by contacting your account handler. We’ll then update your records if we can.
DO WE HAVE TO PROVIDE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION TO US?
We’re unable to provide you with our products or services (such as door-to-door delivery) if you do not provide certain information to us. In cases where providing some personal information is optional, we’ll make this clear.
DO WE DO ANY MONITORING INVOLVING THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In this section monitoring means any: listening to, recording of, viewing of, intercepting of, or taking and keeping records (as the case may be) of calls, email, text messages, social media messages, in person (face to face) meetings and other communications, to support our sales and marketing training and activities.
FOR HOW LONG IS YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION RETAINED BY US?
Unless we explain otherwise to you, we’ll hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
– For as long as we have reasonable business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
– For as long as we provide goods and/or services to you and then for as long as someone could bring a claim against us; and/or
– Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE DATA PROTECTION LAWS?
Here is a list of the rights that all individuals have under data protection laws. They don’t apply in all circumstances. If you wish to use any of them, we’ll explain at that time if they are engaged or not. The right of data portability is only relevant from May 2018.
– The right to be informed about the processing of your personal information
– The right to have your personal information corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal information completed
– The right to object to the processing of your personal information
– The right to restrict the processing of your personal information
– The right to have your personal information erased (the “right to be forgotten”)
– The right to request access to your personal information and to obtain information about how we process it
– The right to move, copy or transfer your personal information (“data portability”)
YOUR RIGHT TO OBJECT
You have the right to object to certain purposes for processing, in particular data processed for direct marketing purposes and to data processed for certain reasons based on our legitimate interests. You can contact us by going to the “Contact Us” section of our website to exercise these rights or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHAT ARE YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES AND WHAT DO THEY MEAN?
We may use your home address, phone numbers, email address and social media or digital channels (for example, Facebook, Instagram) to contact you according to your marketing preferences. You can stop our marketing at any time by contacting us using the details below or by following the instructions in the communication.
16. CONTACT US